Professionals of libraries and documentation centres as a part of their continuing training can receive traineeships at the Bpi.
There are also other types of traineeships reserved for foreign library professionals.
Important notice: the Bpi cannot host people who want to undertake a traineeship as part of an alternating work-study training programme.
Consultez les offres de stages actuellement proposées :pas d'offre à pourvoir pour le moment
Internship terms and conditions
- Internships may be paid under certain conditions.
- They may last from a minimum of one week to a maximum of three months
- Your request must be presented at least two months before the period during which you wish to serve .
Conduct of internships
- Personalised reception
- Presentation of the public areas and services
- Assignment to a service that draws up with the intern a detailed programme according to their expectations and the activities of the service
- Participation in serving the public at the Library information desks
- An internship report is not obligatory, but it is advisable
- An evaluation, at the end of the internship, is conducted in the presence of the internship supervisor and the Training Service
- A certification of the completed internship is provided to the intern.
How do you request an internship?You must send to the Training service by mail or e-mail the following:
- A cover letter with a CV
- The request must state:
- The name of the institution where you work or study which will draw up an internship agreement.
- The framework in which you are formulating this request and your internship plans, in line with the activities of the Bpi.
- The length and the period of the internship that you wish (avoiding the school vacations).
- Your request will be processed, placing your skills in parallel with the plans of the Library services and their capacity to host interns.
Sending in a request for an internship
- Bibliothèque publique d’information
25, rue du Renard
75197 Paris cedex 04
By filling this form