InternshipsProfessionals of libraries and documentation centres in the framework of continuing education, students in the framework of their school or university curricula (the book trade, library-documentation centres, animation, administration, secretarial, publishing, communication, information technologies, multimedia…) can do an internship at the Bpi.
There are also other types of internships reserved for French or foreign library professionals
Don’t forget: the Bpi cannot host people who want to undertake an internship as part of an alternating work-study training programme.
Consultez les offres de stages actuellement proposées :Stagiaire développement des publics et communication (1er octobre au 14 décembre 2018)
Internship terms and conditions
- Internships may be paid under certain conditions.
- They may last from a minimum of one week to a maximum of three months
- Your request must be presented at least two months before the period during which you wish to serve .
Conduct of internships
- Personalised reception
- Presentation of the public areas and services
- Assignment to a service that draws up with the intern a detailed programme according to their expectations and the activities of the service
- Participation in serving the public at the Library information desks
- An internship report is not obligatory, but it is advisable
- An evaluation, at the end of the internship, is conducted in the presence of the internship supervisor and the Training Service
- A certification of the completed internship is provided to the intern.
How do you request an internship?You must send to the Training service by mail or e-mail the following:
- A cover letter with a CV
- The request must state:
- The name of the institution where you work or study which will draw up an internship agreement.
- The framework in which you are formulating this request and your internship plans, in line with the activities of the Bpi.
- The length and the period of the internship that you wish (avoiding the school vacations).
- Your request will be processed, placing your skills in parallel with the plans of the Library services and their capacity to host interns.
Sending in a request for an internship
- Bibliothèque publique d’information
25, rue du Renard
75197 Paris cedex 04
By filling this form