Other services available to disabled visitors
The library provides other services like personalised assistance and promotes the accessibility of its cultural events.
Advice and personalized help
People with disabilities can call on librarians to:
- Assistance in finding suitable digital documents.
- An accompaniment inside the building and to the book shelves.
- Ask for an individual or group visit to locate the places.
- Benefit from a presentation session of the software and equipment of the lodges by appointment.
- For any appointment request, call during the opening hours of the Bpi at 01 44 78 13 54 or contact the Reading and Handicap department by email at email@example.com.
A catalog adapted for better digital accessibility
Easier navigation: The site is fully navigable with the keyboard, making it usable by people equipped with screen reader software (blind and visually impaired), who cannot use a mouse (with motor disabilities), or who cannot don’t want to use the mouse (additional comfort)
Catalog search help: a “Help” button on each page provides an explicit presentation of the catalog’s features
Simple forms: The forms are designed to be as simple as possible, understandable by all and non-blocking. Mandatory fields are announced at the top of the form and have explicit labels, you can easily close the window or cancel and captchas have been removed.
Display of content adapted to your situation: Regardless of the screen you use, or your display settings, the content of the catalog remains readable and you have access to the same information (it is not truncated, cropped or rendered illegible due to overlaps). A few well-integrated situations: a powerful zoom (up to 400%), plug-ins increasing character spacing, the use of a modestly sized smartphone, etc.
Visual comfort: Particular attention is paid to the contrast of the text or frames in relation to their background. The colors are chosen to be distinguished by all. If information is marked by a change of color, it is doubled by another change of aspect and explained in the textual information.